The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
“Going sane feels just like going crazy.”
Week 1: Recovering a sense of safety
- Write “I [name] am a brilliant and prolific artist” ten times.
- Write down all the blurts, the negative reactions to that sentence.
- Turn them into positive affirmations.
- Get up early and write three pages longhand.
- Take yourself on an artist’s date.
- List three old enemies of your creative self-worth.
- Pick one old enemy and write the horror story.
- Write a letter in your own defense.
- List three champions of your creativity.
- Write a thank you letter to one.
- List 5 imaginary lives. How can you live a little bit of each one?
- Go for a 20 minute walk outside.